Thursday 17 October 2013

Autumn Picnic

Hi everyone (yes it's me again)
That's me on the left. Nah, that's my best friend Luna ;)
      I went on a day trip today thanks to my friends :D My legs are exhausted from all that walking. So the day began with me waking up at 11:00am, eating a bowl of cereal and milk, then taking a shower and brushing my teeth. Then was the laborious task of preparing food: threading sausages and pineapple chunks onto the tiniest sliver of a tooth-pick. After an extra coat of Max Factor Wild Mega Volume, I was ready to go! Walked ten minutes down the hill to Tai Hang Tung Recreation Ground, tramped around the grass and voila! Found me chummies and we had a nice time eating and playing. Forgot to bring a picnic mat though. *Whoopsie* We had a nice time running under the sprinklers and hiding shoes...

Poor parrots.
     Then in a desperate *ahem* educational attempt to broaden their horizons and show them the real side of Hong Kong, we decided to go to bird street! Walked around admiring their beautiful feathers (the birds', not my friends') of tropical blues and yellows. Felt a bit sorry for the parrots with chains around their twig-thin feet. Around us were old chaps with cages covered in white muslin, boasting to their comrades over cups of tea gone cold; we decided to exit delicately and fly over to Goldfish Street (yes, I know, technically that's not its name but whatever). Passed the Mong Kok Flower Market on the way, with me chittering about species of plants and their use in the eco-system and me chummies rolling their eyes at the roses; Luna bought asparagus seeds and promised that I'd get the first bite when they pop out of the ground.
      Reached Fish Street, showed them the fish and turtles and hamsters; also the stationery shop and art supply store. Pretty tiring day, but eventful and maybe even intriguing?
      Just thought I'd let you know.
"Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life." ~Mark Twain

Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment