Saturday 26 October 2013

Concentrate In Class

      A classmate of mine demanded yesterday, "How do you manage to concentrate in class all the time and remember everything?" I've been asked this question more than there are pens in my pencil case, so
I decided to film my third video today, after a nice brunch with my best friend from my old school. I wish I had amazing drawing skills like hers *droop*. Anyway...
      Concentrating in class. A majority of students groan when they hear the phrase. I have a classmate who says, "It's okay if I don't concentrate, I'll just go over the stuff afterwards on my own." Actually, if you concentrate in class, using sustained attention, your working memory inputs data and you won't have to do any revision at all!
      My video mentions four tips:
1. SLEEP
2. FOOD
3. Object-based attention
4. Get rid of distractions
      Simple and self-explanatory, really. One point I would like to make is that no-one, I repeat, no-one, not even Einstein himself could focus for a whole hour's lesson. The trick is to use sustained attention instead of focused attention; the difference is the latter is a short burst, only for a very brief period of time and it tires you out. Kinda like sprinting versus long-distance.
      Good luck in exam week, everybody! <-- that means start revising NOW ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment