Saturday 30 November 2013

Autumn Days

       Now that assessments (erm exams) are over, it's time to get into the holiday mood! Thanksgiving turkey and festive decorations; getting creative is a great way to relieve stress and just feel happier in general.
       Weekly summary as follows (as usual my week begins with Sunday because it's the day I go back to school):
Reservoir whose name I forgot.
This place is actually in HK. Unbelievable, huh?
Sunday: Went on a sponsored walk near a reservoir; very nice scenery. Walked 22km up and down the steep hills of Hong Kong, took great pictures. The weather forecast had said a storm would be coming at around 4:00, and sure enough once the walk had finished and the after-lunch entertainment had packed up, the rain began to pelt. So as I sat indoors, a sudden idea came to me: Why don't I paint pinecones? Yee-haa! Whoopsie, Eureka! So together with my friend Alex we painted them. Yup. Here they are. Ready?

Monday: Not yet. They haven't dried yet. Tiring day, went to the good ol' swimming pool at 6am to stretch out my tiredy legs; wasn't bad. Ate raisin cereal and yoghurt for breakfast.

Tuesday: Busy.

Wednesday: Busier.

Thursday: Literature Live! A fun night of English times Drama; our English set performed a ghost story called Darkwood Hall and I played the ghost mom who got killed by her husband who is now married again and is going to kill the new mom. Crazy, huh? The best thing is I got to play the recorder version of Symphony No. 8! Yay! Halfway through a performance though, the IT people somehow blew the speakers and we had no backing track at all for the last item, which was alas! a song. I managed to cook up some acapella chords and saved the day. Juyust kidding tee hee; it was pretty fun though.

Pinecones are cute.
Friday: Wheehee! The pinecones have dried and they look fantastic! It's a great way to decorate your room without spending too much effort. Friday means I get to go home (and have piano lesson from 8pm to 10pm, but that's alright) It's been a great week, looking forward to posting again!












Yours truly,

No comments:

Post a Comment